Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Getting Out




For the first time in 11 days, Eliza left the hotel!  It wasn't easy to figure out how to safely get her into the car, but now that her knees bend a little bit, we were able to do it.  There were only a couple of problems, like when I pushed the lever and the wheel chair leg rest fell down quicker than I expected, taking Eliza's leg with it.  I felt terrible, but she seems to have forgiven me already.


You can see Eliza's feelings about finally getting outside in our family group text.  When we were eating breakfast this morning, then temp was 1o outside.  By the time we left, it was up to 3o.  We decided to go to the Mall of America since it provides miles of walking indoors and we weren't up for the freezing temperature .  



After spending a couple of hours at the mall, we are back.  Eliza's showered, done PT and is in bed elevating and icing her legs.  She may be done for the night, but it was so good for her to finally breathe some fresh air and get away from 'home' for awhile.

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! And to think you had to go to a MALL in order to get "out"! Hope you found some fun stuff to buy! :)

    According to what I wrote in my calendar book, you come home one week from today!! How sweet it will be for you! We are working hard to keep TC "on the map" for you!

    I am amazed and fascinated with all the logistics needed to manage in a wheelchair. I can remember when there was nothing accessible for the handicapped.

    I think I'm wearing out the exclamation point key on my computer!!

    We are doing a Good Deed recital tomorrow morning at Evergreen...we will be thinking of you, too. Take care, dear, and we will see you soon!

    ReplyDelete